IHTI Resource page was created to provide people with information in the hopes of increasing awareness, motivating more communities and getting people involved in the movement, ending the demand for human trafficking, and helping save youth and communities for the horrors of human trafficking.
Flyer with Online Apps & Games Predators Use
Internet Safety for Teens Fact & Tip Sheet
Know the Sign Card - Downloadable PDF
Parents What You Can Do Card - Downloadable PDf
Recommendations from the FBI’s National Press Office release issued March 23, 2020:
Parents and guardians can take the following measures to help educate and prevent children from becoming victims of child predators and sexual exploitation during this time of national emergency:
Online Child Exploitation
- Discuss Internet safety with children of all ages when they engage in online activity.
- Review and approve games and apps before they are downloaded.
- Make sure privacy settings are set to the strictest level possible for online gaming systems and electronic devices.
- Monitor your children’s use of the Internet; keep electronic devices in an open, common room of the house.
- Check your children’s profiles and what they post online.
- Explain to your children that images posted online will be permanently on the Internet.
- Make sure children know that anyone who asks a child to engage in sexually explicit activity online should be reported to a parent, guardian, or other trusted adult and law enforcement.
- Remember that victims should not be afraid to tell law enforcement if they are being sexually exploited. It is not a crime for a child to send sexually explicit images to someone if they are compelled or coerced to do so.